Cool! Have fun learning Spanish! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
Yesterday was the first day of school for me and my brothers. In Spanish we had to pick names and I chose my name as Josefina! Other than that it was pretty boring because all my classes talked about the rules and every thing is the same. I was glad to get home and see my dolls.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yup, I felt the same when I started school again...2 weeks ago...going over the rules and such, it was so boring!Originally posted by QueenNellieElizabeth:
Yesterday was the first day of school for me and my brothers. In Spanish we had to pick names and I chose my name as Josefina! Other than that it was pretty boring because all my classes talked about the rules and every thing is the same. I was glad to get home and see my dolls.
I'm a teacher andit'snotmuch fun for us either. I have to say the same thing 6 times [img]tongue.gif[/img] .
I agree that the first day of school is boring, going over rules and all that stuff. The first week is usually pretty uneventful. Usually by the first day of school I'm already counting down to the first day we have off from school, LOL! [img]redface.gif[/img]
We have an odd thing this year. We start on a Friday and end on a Monday [img]rolleyes.gif[/img] I'm happy that we have a three day weekend. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
QueenNellieElizabeth-
When I took Spanish in 7th and 8th grade the teacher suggested Spanish names close to our regular names. So my name being Katie (on the roll sheet it was my full name Katina) I became Cristina. My grandma wanted me to pick a different one when I told her because that name conflicts with our religious beliefs being Jewish, but I didn't think about it much and kept it.
Have you seen the new Josefina game on AG Fun For Girls? You buy and sell things at the Sante Fe market, and the sellers speak Spanish and buyers speak English. Plus Josefina(which IMO sounds like Dora the Explorer) repeats the Spanish words whenever you buy and sell things. It's a great way to learn Spanish and a fun game to play too.
Maybe you will have to give a presentation or something and you can bring Josefina with you to help you(if you have her). I'm in college and the one thing about presentations is it's a great excuse to bring and use the dolls. When I did my Powerpoint report on school uniforms I dressed up 2 AG dolls in uniforms as visual aids.
Maybe if you're having trouble in Spanish you can hide a mini Josefina in your backpack as a little inspiration. I'm thinking of doing that with Emily because she's good at math in Brave Emily. I'm taking math(algebra) and I'm already having trouble in just the first week of school.
<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 02, 2006 10:34 PM: Message edited by: Diamond Dragon ]</font>
Oh, yes, I use AGs for my presentations too. It's great and fun for me. I loved Josefina's game. It helped me with spanish.
Ooh-your Josefina could help you with your Spanish homework and if you play school with your dolls, you could Josefina with her English! It would be fun to have Josie help you with you spanish work.
I used Josefina in sixth grade as a Cleopatra, that was fun. but I was without her for a few weeks. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]
I have played the new Josefina game. I love it!
If we have a presentation I will probably dress her up in an outfit.
Bookmarks